The Save Queries WordPress constant is used in debugging. All database queries from a request are stored in this global variable. This is used, for example, in the
Query Monitorplugin, to show all the debug details and query list.
Minify HTML Files is used for minifying the HTML for each page of your WordPress site. You can choose to minify only the HTML, or to minify the HTML and remove any HTML comments that are found. Please note that this setting doesn’t minify inline CSS or JS from your pages and it also doesn’t touch any CSS or JS files used by your site.
Activating the Block code edits option will block all themes and plugins installs, as well as the code editor.
We have implemented an automated system to collect information regarding the situations when users enable AdBlocker while accessing one of our your websites. More information can be found in our Platform Specifications - Adblocker.
We try to be as non-intrusive as possible, and to avoid adding any overhead to the page load time. For this reason, this feature can be turned off by using the
Adblocker detection toggle in this section.
Here you can change the protocol for your public site, the recommended one being HSTS, which is HTTPS Strict Mode and offers the best security for your site.
Starting July 2018, Google Chrome will mark all HTTP sites as “not secure”, as an extra measure to their intention of down-ranking unencrypted sites since 2015. If your site is still on HTTP, we highly advise you to consider migrating it to HTTPS or HSTS. Below you can find the steps to guide you through the migration process.
How to make the switch to HTTPS
We can help you switch your site to HTTPS. Additionally, the wp-admin is always on HTTPS, and has always been this way. We have also written an article about Automating the switch to HTTPS for our clients.
We have comprised a checklist that needs to be followed in order to make the switch to HTTPS correctly. These steps can be implemented with the help of our support team:
- re-sync the dev site with the live site’s latest version of database and code
- move the dev site to a sub-domain of the live site. This is especially needed to ensure ads delivery, as sometimes they aren’t working on a different domain.
- activate the «Both HTTPS and HTTP» toggle
- check everything on the dev site and make the necessary adjustments there. The main thing here is to avoid mixing content, which will throw warnings and will stop browsers from showing a green “Secure” mark before the site address.
- activate the «HSTS» toggle
- we will perform a search-replace in your database, to replace any hardcoded HTTP URLs in your pages with HTTPS ones
- we implement all the fixes to the live site as well, after everything works smoothly on the dev site
- some changes in your Google Analytics and Google Search Console (formerly known as Webmaster Tools) accounts will be needed. We’ll send over the details when needed. In case of plugins, Facebook Instant Articles, and Yahoo News Feed—these should all be automatic.
What to look for
We know that switching to HTTPS is not always a smooth process, and it’s common to forget to check certain things. Two of the most important things you have to do after the switch is to see if there are any hardcoded HTTP URLs in your pages, and check if the ads provider is compatible with HTTPS.
In the second case, you need to contact your ad partners to check their services’ compatibility with HTTPS, to continue displaying the ads on your site and prevent revenue loss. Some ad codes on the site will need to be switched to HTTPS, too.
You might also notice a slight drop in Google AdSense ad revenues right after the switch. However, this gets resolved by itself after the site gets re-indexed by the AdSense bots and HTTPS ads will start being served.
Image Library Settings
You can choose between two image processing libraries that will be used by PHP:
Gd is the default image library in PHP for basic image processing operations.
ImageMagick is more complex, it offers a wide variety of image processing operations, being a higher quality tool.
RSS Feed Settings
The RSS Feed tab allows you to redirect all the feeds (not only the front page feeds) from your site to a FeedBurner URL.
Make sure to save the changes after adjusting any of these settings.