Come work with us
Would you like to give us a hand in bringing back hospitality in web hosting? Do you share our passion to make WordPress better for millions of people?
At Presslabs we strive to be helpful, honest and responsable with our team, our customers,the community we live in and also beyond, to positively influence the experience of millions of readers online, from our head office in Timisoara, Romania.
If you join us, you will be a part of our ambitious startup working culture where you'll be encouraged to say loud and clear what you think and want.Don't be surprised on how short and fast the road from idea to reality becomes here at Presslabs.
We’re looking to strengthen our team based in Timisoara with the following players:
Some of the main responsibilities of this position include
- plan and execute server operations
- maintain and optimize networking infrastructure
- system monitoring and incident intervention (paging availability)
- control access policy and enforce security
- work with large datasets
- automate deployments and other operations
You would work with:
- LXC – Linux containers
- Nginx and LUA
- Ansible and Synctool
- ZFS and NFS
We value the most the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new tools and requirements. The skills and abilities to work with us are:
- fluence in written and spoken English
- proactivity and taking initiative
- ability to make decisions
- good understanding of Linux internals, storage systems and networking Ubuntu/Debian system administration
- cloud and virtualization techonologies
- configuration and orchestration tools
- Python and BASH programming
- Git and building Launchpad PPAs
You have a plus if you:
- have worked with dedicated server providers
- managed a computer network
We are looking for a Python developer to work with us on developing our customer dashboard.
Here’s some of the responsibilities:
- developing and optimizing the current dashboard application
- implement new features
- keep it updated with Presslabs platform changes
Required skills and abilities:
- django/python experience
- HTML/CSS knowlege is a plus
- interest in developing, optimizing and updating a cool web application is what we are looking for!
Among the responsibilities of this position we can mention:
- migration of new customers to our hosting platform
- compatibility check with our service for new customers
- custom development for existing/potential hosting customers as well as our platform
- offering alternative solutions for customers having incompatibilities with our platform
- taking care of customer updates (core WordPress, plugins, themes)
- other WordPress related tasks (including offering free support on wordpress.org forums during spare times)
Required skills and abilities:
- we value the most the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new tools and requirements
- WordPress development experience (the more, the better)
- PHP/HTML/CSS knowledge
- Linux basic knowledge (ssh, rsync, ftp)
- MySQL basic knowledge (phpMyAdmin, basic command lines)
- SEO knowledge (at any level) is a plus
Consists in working in an innovative company, where self-teaching and new ideas are very welcome.If there is something specific that you are looking for (including salary), ask it. We value the peace of mind of ouremployees and we encourage speaking directly and freely about anything.
If you believe you’re a good fit for any of the above positions, drop us an e-mail at jobs(at)presslabs.com attaching your resume including previous experience and projects.