October 16, 2019
Github Action to Deploy WordPress on Stack
As a part of our commitment to make Kubernetes easier to use in the context of WordPress, we’ve made publicly available an action in the Github marketplace. As you might already know, Github Actions are a new and we say smart way to automate development workflows.
The action allows you to easily deploy a new WordPress docker image on the Presslabs Stack and also incorporate it in your CI/CD flow. For now, the action is tested and used only on the Google Kubernetes Engine.
The arguments required to use the action are:
- image – the new Docker image to deploy
- namespace – where you want to deploy it
- wordpress – resource name you want to update
- google_project – location of the Kubernetes cluster
- google_zone – the zone where the cluster is installed into
- google_cluster – the Kubernetes cluster name
An example workflow configuration can be found on the action homepage here.